Membership ValuesBecome A Slow Food Member
Value in Membership
Members are the heart of the Slow Food Movement. By becoming a member you help us move towards a more delicious and sustainable future as you support and further the growth of local, national and international programs. Why should you become a member?
To CONNECT with other people who care about the same kinds of things you care about.
You receive special invitations to local, national and international events, including Terra Madre and Salone del Gusto
To LEARN more about good, clean and fair food and the slow food movement.
You receive a Food News email digest, highlighting the week’s top stories in food and farming
You have access to special members-only content, including interviews with food movement happening in the Slow Food movement locally, nationally and internationally insiders and seasonal recipes from food personalities across the country.
To ENGAGE in helping to make a more good, clean and fair food system.
You receive opportunities to get involved in national campaigns and local activities and projects
To SUPPORT an organization that shares your values and is working to make the kind of change in the world you want to see.
Your membership card proclaims your commitment to Slow Food values. You ARE the Slow Food movement!
Slow Food USA Membership Costs:
- $60 Standard individual membership
- $30 Youth Network membership
- $30 Limited resources level (self-identified)
- $100 Family membership (includes two adults and unlimited children)
All of the above will receive a newly redesigned membership card, but only members at $60+ will be mailed the new print magazine launching in April 2014 ($30 levels will receive an online version).
With the new membership program, $5 from each membership ($2 from limited resources and youth memberships) whether it’s a local recruit, new member, lapsed member or just simply an annual renewal will go back to our chapter!
Your Slow Food membership dues support:
- Local chapter projects making a difference in your community.
- A suite of tools and resources designed to increase chapter effectiveness, including trainings, how-to guides, a social networking platform to exchange ideas, micro-grants, templates, database management and more.
- National programs, campaigns and projects including the Ark of Taste in the USA, the National School Garden Program and more.
- Slow Food USA’s annual contribution to Slow Food International, providing support for global programs like Biodiversity projects and Gardens in Africa.